2013年6月8日土曜日

A day at The Yakushiji Temple

MISSION The YAKUSHIJI TEMPLE  Researched 22 May 2013

 

I was told that a friend of mine witnessed Steve McQueen who died in 1980 at The Yakushiji Temple. He witnessed Mcqueen doing the sutra copying
He reckons Steve was nearly there(satori). I don't know if the person was the real one, but when I first heard that I thought that this guy went nuts.

Nowadays, The Yakushiji Temple is registered as a world heritage site, and it is still worshiped by  the people.

How ever, 3 of us (I, my wife and a companion) visited The Yakushiji Temple to research how the temple is friendly for the disabled people. Here is what we saw.
 

1,there is a cool Italian restaurant named Amrit by the car park. The Japanese Italian cuisine is worth trying.         

2, the accessible slopes are equipped. But the most of them had no hand rails.

3, the footpath is stone paved. The constant bumps make you annoyed and tired

4, the main sites(garan) are divided into two pieces ( You have to walk miles)

5, the good clean toilets are located.

How to get there

You won't miss it from the Kintetsu Nishinokyo station

Over all

We visited there with some one who accompanied with, therefore, we could make the mission. How ever, my wife says that The Yakushiji Temple is a lot easier to look around than The Horyuji Temple.She says The Horyuji Temple is a nightmare.

Conclusion

You can call The Yakushiji Temple a friendly place for foreigners and disabled people.

Actually I urge you to have some one who supports you to visit even a place like Yakushiji temple.

To research the temple, I was in my own manual wheel chair and I moved on my own.

My wife(has bad legs) was in hire manual wheel chair with caretaker`s assistance>

I`m also on facebook, clickhttps://www.facebook.com/ryo.nguchi?ref=tn_tnmn

 
 

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿